Thursday, August 6, 2009

Real Good, Real Fast, Real Real

Dear People,
I will start off with last Saturday in the Park. We actually were quite successful. We placed three Libros de Mormon and actually had someone fill out a referral card. Everyone but one person we talked with allowed us to talk to them about religion and stuff. It was pretty sweet. I don´t know what people are talking about that Spain is hard. It's only hard because I know zero slang and when investigators only speak in slang, I get lost real quick.

I have a companion from Las Vegas, and he says real before every adjective. I guess it's a Vegas accent, but it's pretty catchy. "You do that real good, or real quick, or real slow." Sunday was great, pretty much everyone bears a one to two minute testimony here. And we sing every Sunday on the temple grounds for a half hour, then after mingle with people. I was talking with some of the sisters serving in Madrid and they have had like 7 baptisms in a year or something. Most missionaries have at least 5. So I am real excited to get out there. I will make sure to send you all a picture of my first one. Expect it within a month of me getting out.

The older kids left the MTC on Tuesday. I woke up at 5 am to take one of their comfy mattresses. There are only 4 in the whole MTC and they are quite coveted, so I was pretty happy I got one. But it was kind of crazy because I leave in 2 and a half weeks!

Time flies here in Spain. Today for lunch I bought an ice cold Mountain Dew at McDonald´s. So you all can be assured that I am living quite well. (Ha,ha)

On a spiritual note, our teaching has improved a lot. They challenged us to shut up and listen to the spirit, even if takes a minute of silence. Well, it really does work. We are getting a lot better at teaching with the spirit and when you have the spirit with you and you share a personal experience, it really touches people. Also we watched the Joseph Smith movie on Sunday, and pretty much everyone cried. Watching that movie in a room with missionaries is way crazy. You learn a lot more from it and really have a greater appreciation for what a great guy Joseph Smith really was. It is impossible to teach this gospel without a testimony of Joseph Smith and I am very grateful for my testimony of him.

Anyway, love you all. Stay beautiful.

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment