Monday, August 24, 2009

Surprise!

So guess what? I get to have a really unique experience. I am being transferred missions. It´s only for a little while, but still, it doesn't happen to everyone.

I have been reassigned to quarantine until my flu goes away. Sweet huh? Yeah, so all the Elders here leave tomorrow and the two that come here on Wednesday are from France. So, along with my quarantine, I won't be able talk to anyone! I have had a fever since Saturday morning, and the medic lady said that it shouldn't last longer than a week. So personally, I am hoping to leave Thursday, but if not, oh well.

The bad part is I miss orientation with the Elders I know, and I miss a P-day. And there really isn't a good part. I don't know why but I have never thought about being sick as a missionary before. But now that I am sick, I realize how horrible it is. You would have to cancel teaching appointments, you aren't able to tract, your companion would be super bored. So I guess I am grateful to get this out of the way before I get into the field.

But yeah, nothing has really happened since last Thursday. So this one will be short. I have no idea when I will be able to write again. Oh but hey, did I tell you that a kid received a package that cost $50 to send here? It was all just candy and food. So yeah, when am I going to get one of those?

Elder Dunn

This is his mom writing. At least his illness has not affected his appetite!

1 comment: