Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Work Goes On

Alright, before I forget again, I need a package. Well, I need razor heads. They are insanely expensive here, and I could use some socks as well. Also there are institute study books that accompany the scriptures. They have them here, I just prefer them in English. Could you possibly search for them? At least the New Testament and Book of Mormon ones, but if you can grab them all, I won't complain.

I don't really know if my week has been much more exciting than yours. We had a ward activity on Saturday and one of our investigators came and brought a friend. He is from Senegal, or however it's spelled, and speaks 4 languages, is super smart and humble, and Muslim. We showed him the temple and he wanted to enter so we explained about that and that he has to be baptized first. He said okay, how do I get baptized? So we explained and supposedly he is going to start coming to church. He has been to other Evangelical Churches so he is familiar with Christianity. We are hoping all will go well with him. We are going to give him a Book of Mormon on Friday.

On Monday, I received a call from the husband/father of the two that were baptized in Toledo. He told me that now he is ready and wants to be baptized. Then I called the Zone Leaders in his area and that night they interviewed him and he passed. Then president informed me that unless they come to the stake center, I can't go to his baptism. There aren't Elders in Toledo right now, I taught him for 7 months, and baptized his daughter and wife. I would like to see him baptized but I can't leave my area for like 4 hours to do it. So, right now I am in the process of finding rides in cars from members in Toledo to bring him here. I am still pretty excited about it cause one day he is going to be a bishop or something.

Other than that, I had exchanges for a day with my zone leader, an ex assistant, and he is like super obedient. So we were going to the metro and I forgot he doesn't have a monthly pass, so I just walked in and started down the escalator. When I looked backed to talk to him he was buying his ticket. In order to not be out of his sight, I started running up the down escalator. Well, I decided to try and just jump the last 3 stairs or something and when I went to jump, I tripped. Yeah, typical fat kid joke. I just started laughing. It wouldn't have been so bad, but a train had just arrived, so about 100 people saw what I did when they were going up the other escalator. It was pretty legit. I pretended that someone called me on my phone so I didn't have to make eye contact with anyone.

But anyway, that is about it. Just rocking a giant bruise on my leg and a couple cuts on my arm because I am awesome. Stay pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Typical Scotty. Love that he just laughs at himself.

    ReplyDelete