Thursday, June 3, 2010

A New Word That Says It All

Alright, well that was a pretty good letter mom. I have to give you props. Grats breh. The only thing that really stood out to me is that your Elders had 6 set appointments in one day. Utah is such an easy mission! Actually, our mission just got a little harder. President is trying to make us the most effective machines we can be it seems like to me. We now are only supposed to do power contacts, which are great... sometimes. I don't know about all the time. Pretty much we just go up say, "Hello I'm Elder Dunn and I know this book is true and that it can help you in your life because it has helped me in my life." Or something like that. And it's not just like a "Hey, try this sometime." It's, "Hey, we have to do this now." We also can't visit active members unless we bring an investigator. And now our first lesson is now The Overview Lesson.
1. Prayer by an Elder
2. We ask questions to see how interested they are.
3. We give an overview of everything we teach.
4. We ask them what questions they have and promise them that in 4 weeks, of visiting them 3 times a week, they won't have any more questions.
5. Invite them to be baptized.
6. Leave them with something to do.
7. Ask them for referrals.
8. Have the head of house pray.
That is the first lesson. No If's, And's, or But's about it! I think it will help a lot, with some people, but I also don't think it's very appropriate for every area. I can only ask one of the million of Romanians, "So why did you agree to let us come to your house? What are you expecting out of this lesson?" And then they will say either, "I don't understand, or I thought you guys wanted to come?" But oh well. We will see. I will keep you updated on the news.

Other funny things. Guy in the temple next to me pretty much fell asleep at every part possible. I was fighting to not laugh the whole time. I just can't picture dad having an easy time staying awake. How does he do? (He does fine!)

We were talking as missionaries today, and we decided English needs the word "ganas." We realized that whenever we are speaking in English, we just say, no I don't really want to do that, I don't have the "ganas." We just use the Spanish word the same. But the good thing about English is any word can be a verb. Well, for young people that is.

Other news, we got invited to some BBQ, so we went, ate, got a sweet contact of a Spanish lady that was there, who really wishes she was Argentine, and while at the BBQ, the drunk guy from Venezuela beat me in chess. I definitely humbled myself a little bit ha,ha.

Other than that, everyone loves no bake cookies, and a special shout out to Elders Meek and Butterfield. And yes mom, you have to post their names in my blog. Thanks for the package.

Stay pretty,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment