Sunday, June 20, 2010

World Cup - To Win or Not to Win - Who?

What up in Murray?

Well, here we are just rockin' it. Nah, but it's pretty great. World Cup is pretty legit. I think I am required to write about it because I am in Spain, so I will. I honestly don't know who I want to win. I definitely prefer the US, but that isn't very likely. If Argentina wins, I will cry. Argentines are just the proudest people about soccer. And the members here could definitely use a little humbling. If Spain wins, that would be cool, but Spaniards are also way to prideful. I have way to many friends in Brazil, so that is out of the question. So, I think I am rooting for some other team in Europe. I haven't seen a whole game, just bits and pieces. It's way funny, because if you ask people if we can come by during the world cup, they always say yes, but then they just want you to watch the game with them. World Cup, or Satan? Think about it.

So, we have a date with a sweet Spaniard and her son. My companion, who left Sunday, wanted to say goodbye to our golden investigator, and to see why she didn't come to church, after assuring us she would, but while doing it, he said that he would go to her baptism probably. Then she asked when it would be. He said, will if you prepare yourself well, you can be baptized the 10 of July, so will you prepare yourself for this day? She said yes. So we set the date over the phone. Then when we passed by the next time, we talked with her son. Pretty legit.

So I am training. He is from Logan, like 6´5". People just give us the sweetest looks. One lady passed us in the street walking insanely fast, then did a double take, I said hey what's up half laughing, and she was all like, you guys really call attention huh? It was pretty funny. Other than that, not too much is new.

I rock the Rubix Cube. Minute 28 is my record. Pretty sure I can beat Couper in the 3 by 3. I actually have to study Spanish now to continue learning. Kind of a disappointment but maybe I will finally learn how to study.

I don't think our numbers go up at all, we just get more areas and missionaries. The shift happens here soon, and I am pretty excited for it. I gotta go up North! I am excited to see how your dance turned out. Little known fact, everyone thinks missionaries are not allowed to dance, but there is no rule against it. I looked. Hey, I forget, but next package send me your mate cup thing and straw. Bombilla. Pronounced, Bombisha. Yeah Argentina. Alright, stay pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he is doing really well. The rubix cube must be a missionary thing, because everyone I know who went on a mission rocks the cube. Scotty hasn't sent me a letter in ages. Can you tell him hello for me in the next email you send?? If you have time and room, I would really love you if you did. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete