Friday, June 11, 2010

Crazy Day - Baptisms

Wow,

Well, you get an email today because yesterday was crazy. We left super early to go to Toledo. We wanted to catch the 8 o'clock bus, but got there like 3 minutes late, thank you metro, then the next bus didn't leave till 9. Usually it leaves every 30 minutes but yesterday was special for some reason. So that was the internet time we lost. But, the news is the baptism was great! He is the most giant Bolivian ever, so to baptize him, he decided to get on his knees. It was actually way easy that way. I gave them the sweetest present ever. Well, not really, but it was an invitation to their sealing in the temple in one year. (Well a year form his confirmation.) So between the 14 and 27 of June 2011. Come, and attend with Elder Dunn! Yeah, it was pretty legit. I don't know if I told you how he decided to be baptized. We went to visit Toledo last transfer, and I gave him Jesus the Christ with the same promise as the Book of Mormon. If this book is true, this church is true. So like half way through the book he decided he needed to be baptized. Ha, ha. But yeah, so that's that. Using Jesus the Christ to convert.

On a funny note, when we were coming back from Toledo, like 30 minutes late, we ran into an Elder who served here 2 years ago. We started talking and we mentioned it was P-day. Then he looked at his watch, then up at us, then at his watch again and said, "Oh." We then had to explain that we had a baptism and blah blah and that we aren't horrible missionaries. It was pretty funny. Other funny news, someone in Toledo stole the pump to drain the baptismal font, so 5 of us drained it using buckets. Only took like 20 minutes actually. Pretty legit.

Another note, President has actually gone crazy. It all started with all the new rules, then today I got a call from the assistants. They informed me that starting Tuesday, I am going to train. I told them I don't know where that revelation came from but that you might want to reconsider that. But really. It's going to be interesting. I guess I am pretty excited. But really, I still know nothing about what I am doing.

On another note, we finally have a baptismal date in our area. Some sweet lady, Spanish, who we met at a BBQ of some investigators. She is just golden. Well I guess it's two baptismal dates, cause she has an 11 year old son too. It's pretty sweet. He is way cool too.

Other news, I can't remember if I told you but the investigator of the sister missionaries in this ward had a baptism, and the lady asked me to baptize her. Apparently I was strong and excitable and she liked that. Ha, ha. She is way awesome. So I was part of 2 baptisms last week and neither in my area! That's how I roll.

And mom, it's not a question of guilt to get me to send you pictures, it's about if I remember my camera or not. And yesterday I did remember it, today no. So I am sorry but remember I am your favorite youngest son. And you love me most days. Anyway, stay pretty in M Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment