Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Feeling Better at Last

Hey Family,
Wow, the bathroom is like exactly the same, just newer. Why didn't you like change the order of it or something? (It is a very small bathroom and not able to be changed.) Like change at least the mirror or something. (We did change the mirror and vanity and shower!) You guys are so old! It's Okay, I am too. Almost 11 months. People keep telling me that in between 11 months and 14 months it is depressing. I, kind of like Richard, am getting my second wind. I forgot how fun it is to work, but after being sick and not being able to leave, I definitely work more now. I also have started to talk to everyone again, including the group of 15 old men playing cards in the park. That was a pretty sweet contact. Of course no one wants anything to do with us, but they all know now that we aren't Jehovah's Witnesses and that we are actually cool. So that was pretty cool.

Today we saw 3 palaces. One was this giant palace in the middle of the country side. The mission president's wife drove us and bought us lunch so it was free and pretty sweet. She is also way sweet. Plus I can practice all my stupid lines on her like "Hermana Watkins, if I had a dollar for every time I fell in love with you, I would have one dollar, because I have never stopped loving you." It's pretty great. She said she is a sucker for a good compliment so after that she drove us to our area. Pretty legit. Ha, ha.

We got some new people we are teaching. So that work goes. I also took a lot of crap because the Spaniard, on the Laker's, beat the Jazz. Then I just bring up soccer and they forget about basketball. World cup is getting close. Pretty excited for that. Other than that, not a whole lot is new. Well, nothing is ever really new. We contact, we teach, we baptize... sometimes. I read a pretty sweet talk by Brother Skousen on the Atonement. I realized that our church has about quadruple the doctrine as any other church. It's pretty great. Anyway, short on time, as usual, so stay pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment