Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Scott is still Scott!

Well, I am happy the bathroom is done. (We have remodeled our master bathroom.) When you can, hook me up with some pictures. What is going to be the next project on the house? New kitchen? Yeah! Another Elder told me how one time, someone put a plastic bowl on a hot burner then went to the bathroom. When he came back, there was like a mini fire going on. He quickly put it out but apparently fires by plastic are the worst because the smell of burnt plastic stays in paint. Anyway, long story short, the insurance paid for a new kitchen. Just an option. (This option is not up for consideration by his parents!)

So today, we are in Toledo visiting old members and recent converts. We have 5 lessons planned, which is more than we currently have this week. I am starting to feel better. The drugs here are definitely a little more effective than those in the US. I bought some cough syrup and it has codeine in it. Ha,ha. Over the counter cough syrup with codeine ... works wonders because I sleep so good at night. Today will be a marathon day between teaching and taking buses. I talked with two Californians on the bus to Toledo. They are taking a 3 week tour of Europe. And they speak French, Spanish, and Portuguese between the two of them.

My old companion wrote me something funny. He said, don't promise people you are going to write them after the mission because it sucks to have to write everyone. He said he thought life would be super boring after the mission but, he is actually really busy and doesn't have time to write nor doesn't want to. Ha, ha. He promised about every Elder he knew, every member in Toledo, and every member in his last area that he was going to write them. I told him he was making a mistake. This just goes to show that more time doesn't mean more wisdom and sometimes greenies know more than veterans.

Alright, well I don't really have a lot to say. President continues to make rules. Now companions cannot take their naps at the same time, if they choose to take naps. Supposedly it is so the one companion wakes the other one up after 20 minutes. The way I see it, if I put myself to study and I am tired, I sleep. So I think it is going to end up companions taking 40 minute naps, just 20 minutes of it in the bed.

Alright, well stay pretty.
Elder D

No comments:

Post a Comment