Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The "L" on My Forehead in NOT for Loser!

Anyway, to start with my happy thoughts, I will start with Friday. We were just walking and this lady got off the bus who knew my companion. Turns out she is from England and is about the sweetest old lady I have ever met. She said when she was 20 she came for vacations and when she got here, she thought Spain was the greatest place ever so she stayed. Didn't even go back from vacations. Then she got married to the first Spaniard who asked and now she teaches English as a volunteer. She has a vocabulary in English that is even bigger than Leah's. My companion asked me what she was saying and I said I have no idea. Ha ha. She then told me that after 45 years of marriage she and her husband can't stand each other so they alternate schedules of when they are home so they don't have to see each other. The way she told the story and with her accent and vocabulary was just hilarious.

Saturday we taught this guy that has been taught by missionaries for like 6 months. He always comes to church and is reading the Book of Mormon so we can't really drop him but the problem is... apparently after every couple lessons he says "Yeah, I am going to finish the Book of Mormon, get baptized, then move back to Ecuador and start up my own church." I don't really know him, only taught him once, but he is quite special. He says after he finishes the Book of Mormon he is definitely going to be baptized in our church. But then he wants to start his own. Yup. Love the mission!

Then on Sunday, when we were walking home at night, we saw 3 members come out of a chino, a little store that sells like candy drinks and chips. They were pretty embarrassed that they had been caught. It was pretty hilarious cause they felt bad but then we ate some of their chips so I guess we all just sinned or something. Church in Spain might be a little less true ha, ha.

Monday I taught a super Evangelical Nigerian. In his prayers, he starts yelling and cursing those who do evil. Then when I prayed, he said amen and hallelujah throughout the prayer. I taught him in English, and it was pretty hard. I, like Elder Jolley, can no longer say thine, thy, thou, thinest, thoust, or whatever other stupid words we have. I hope I don't have to pray in public when I get home because I honestly will sound like a 6 year old.

Today we went to a little pueblo and were walking down a long street in the shade when I turned the corner where it was really bright. I was thinking, "Wow, it's really bright and I can't really see." During this thought process I walked into a sign. And I mean WALKED into a sign. So I am rocking a pretty sweet cut on my forehead in the shape of an "L" with a giant bruise. Our group laughed for about 10 minutes after that. And 2 people saw it. Pretty rich, especially because we have interviews and general conference this weekend. We also put 6 Elders in a 4 man elevator this morning and when it reached the bottom it went about a foot farther than it should have. At first we were stuck for about 5 minutes, but then we figured out how to open it. Ha! Really missions are a lot of fun. Anyway, stay pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment