Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A New City at Last!

Actually I feel terrible. I had 4 pictures I planned to send you, but I forgot to bring my camera.

I ended my area with a baptism. Walter went under, then came back out, it was pretty legit. He asked me to baptize him, so I also got wet. It's pretty fabulous actually, because the water in the baptismal font, also known as the blue whale, it super warm. Like a nice little bath. I took a picture of the baptismal font because you really just have to see it to believe it. So that was Sunday.

Saturday we played soccer in a little pueblo again with a bunch of less actives and some non-members. A group of about 7 kids between 6-12 were also there. They live in the pueblo and they demanded to play. Spaniards don't have the rep of being pushed around, even if they are only 9, but they really demanded it. So their team came on and it's way funny, because they all just rampantly yell the F word every time something goes slightly wrong. Some of the other things they also say are just so ugly. Gotta love Spaniards! Ha. Anyway, one of their players ended up getting hurt, so I decided to Sub on their team and played goalie for them. We won which was pretty hilarious. Little piece of humble pie. Friday we pretty much cleaned all day because it was Father's Day. Did you know? We didn't either till we went to the bus station and found out that the buses weren't going because it was a holiday. Ha, ha. They celebrate Father's Day the day of the birthday of the Cardinal here. Little different.

I don't have my planner from last week because it's a different transfer and now I am in Romania. No, not really, but might as well be. It's a little place, sort of in the city but not, that is half Romanians and Bulgarians and the other half a mixture of everything. So I am now learning Romanian and Bulgarian a little. The recent convert here was Bulgarian and he speaks ok Spanish. What we have to do is bring fliers and Books of Mormon in their language and then we just do a lot of reading I guess. The recent convert has a son who hasn't learned any Spanish yet but is reading the BoM in Bulgarian and wants to be baptized. So the father translates into Bulgarian. Quite the situation.

The biggest difference from Toledo to Arganda del Rey, where I am now, definitely has to be the regresos. A regreso is when we get the information of a contact so we can go by another day. Well, in Toledo, an amazing week was 10. Well the record, we have in two days, is 16 here. Pretty legit. So my companion, who I got to know too well, is now my Zone Leader. Ha, ha. And we are in the same district. So yesterday in district meeting, we ended up laughing like 5 times from inside jokes and nobody knew why. It was hilarious. My district leader is like my 2nd best friend in the mission, so really I am loving it here.

If Kacey reads, Elder Karren is now my district leader, and yes he knows you Kacey. Ha. But yeah, also we have hermanas now, which is weird. Anyway... the new news, native companion! He lived in the Canaries before coming on the mission, but grew up in Argentina. So I might end up speaking a little like those Argentines. He always wants to talk and is just this big happy Argentine. He is pretty great. So yeah, I am definitely going to up the Spanish during the next little while. Also I am the Senior Companion, not as bad (as much responsibility) as Richard, but still, I am too young! Anyway, I think you have enough information and I am hungry. Wait... more information, we have bikes. It is the only area in the mission with bikes. I will have to take a picture of the ridiculous outfit we have to wear to bike. Ha. Oh man...the mission! Stay pretty.

E Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment