Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's Legit???

Helloooooo,

Well I am glad to hear "my" bathroom is almost finished! (We are remodeling our master bathroom.) Well, not really, but I am glad that you like it. I will receive my package tomorrow before zone conference so I will be able to actually see the speaker this time. I am pretty stoked. Thanks for that.

News from Toledo... we are still closing the 22nd. The 21st we are baptizing the most humble man I have ever met. His name is Walter, and he is from Peru. He is so legit. And it only took two and a half months of teaching him. Maybe eventually I will have one of those miracle stories like in south America where they find someone, teach them, and 3 weeks later they are baptized. He had the hardest time quitting work Sundays because he has to support his family in Peru, but with tithing, he was like, yeah, I read about it in the bible and I want to pay it. We thought he was going to have the hardest time with it so my companion and I both spent about 2 hours studying up on it. But he accepted it without problems.

Other than that today was spent playing soccer and eating Peruvian food. So spicy but soooo good. I also learned that natives all play soccer way too well. There is no hope for me.

Happy thoughts for this week... Friday we spent 6 hours walking, in the rain, contacting - that was a pretty legit missionary day. Thursday, we found out this super inactive woman with 4 kids has cancer, so we gave her a sick blessing. She has her operation this Friday so we are praying for the best. Saturday, I hung out with the most sarcastic Chilean ever. I think he is my new best friend. Made me feel like I was with my friends ha,ha. Also learned that Chileans talk faster than any other country but a lot clearer than some. (Dad, you didn't have it that hard.) Sunday, we had 6 investigators in the capilla. They would all start coming as we started leaving. Actually, I learned a valuable lesson. We have really stressed coming to the capilla with investigators lately, and really... it works. They come, and then they like it, so they want to learn more. Better way to use our resources. Last night after quite a long discussion with the husband of the woman who was baptized, we figured out his doubt. He also said one day he will be baptized, just not now. He also doesn't believe in one church, just in Jesus. However, he thinks we teach the best about Jesus or something like that.

So the President of the area of Europe will be here tomorrow. I am pretty excited. We should learn a little more about some of the changes that are going to pass. We are really getting the best deal in our mission. Losing some of the harder areas, then gaining some way legit ones.

Speaking of the word legit, is there any new slang out that I should be aware of? I never realized how much I use slang until I try to talk to native Spanish speakers in easy English so they can practice. I spend more time explaining slang than talking. Ha. Anyway, I should know more about this mission next Wednesday. And next P day we are going to do the whole Toledo Tourist thing and just take like 100 photos. Should be sweet. Well, that is my life. IF you have any questions, don't doubt in asking.

Stay pretty,

E. Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment