Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Well alright,

So something we do as missionaries in this mission is Happy Thoughts. Every night we write in our planners a happy thought. I was rereading some of my old ones and then realized these are great and should just include them in my emails. So on Saturday, we were getting shut down hardcore. Someone said, "Don't even bother." Then next couple said the Spanish equivalent of "You wish." Then someone just gave us the Spanish finger of now. The finger you only give to dogs and little children in the states but here it is used to signify no. Yeah, after that it took about ten minutes to get up courage again ha, ha. Sunday we had 4 plans fall through. So we walked, and walked, and walked, like pioneer children. Didn't sing though. So from 4:30 till 9:30 we were walking and just contacting. Then asking each other hypothetical questions such as "Would you rather be able to teleport, but only once every 10 minutes or go invisible. We both decided going invisible is way too creepy a super power so teleportation is far superior. Ha! Love Toledo!

Monday one of our favorite investigators, more or less, who doesn't believe in any church or book really, except love your neighbor, told us we should give a Book of Mormon to two of his friends. Then we went on to talk about it for 15 minutes and we just listened. Ha, ha. It's funny cause he says, "Do you realize?" about every 30 seconds without fail. Tuesday, I spent 3 and a half hours on the bus. Four different trips. I try and read while on the bus but I always get car sick. I heard a bunch of American Music, so I can't really complain.

On the spiritual side, this one investigator is here while is family is still in Peru. He has to support himself and his family. Anyway, he didn't want to give up working on Sundays because he needs the money, but after about 2 of the most powerful lessons I've had, we finally realized he needs to. It's great because he works about 60 hours Monday to Saturday, but couldn't give up the 4 hours on Sunday. I am really excited to tell him that God asks a 10% of our increase, a fast offering every month, his children to go on missions which costs a fair bunch, and that if he is called, he also has to serve a mission and pay for it himself.

Oh, that reminds me of one of my new favorite contacting methods. Passing out Word of Wisdom pamphlets to people that are smoking. Ha. It always gives me a kick and really can change lives.

Anyway, other than that, thanks for the package. I will receive it this Tuesday. The area president will be at our zone conference so I am pretty excited for that.

Stay pretty M town.

(This next is what Scott sent to his dad.)

Yo,

So two requests. 1) That you send me a bracket when March madness comes around, and if you can find a way to send the Jazz schedule, that would be superb.

And yeah, we usually have between 30 minutes and an hour to study Spanish. But since we take the bus a lot, we have a little more time. Really irregular verbs are hard to say, but sometimes are difficult to spell.

Do you guys read the Book of Mormon in Spanish? They use vosotros and subjunctive a ton. It is pretty helpful being here in Spain. And I was thinking you should start saving now so that you can come here anyway. Spain is pretty awesome and you guys need to come before you get any older. It's funny because the north mission is getting sucked into the mission of Barcelona and ours. We get a lot of new areas. But the southern part of this mission, including Toledo, is going to the southern mission. So really, I could be transferred into a whole different mission, or go to area originally not in my mission, or just stay the rest of the mission in Madrid. I will be interested to see where I end up.

And another request, hook me up with some Chilean Dichos. I want to use them with a member who served there. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment