Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tired is an attitude that can be changed!

Alright, well hey, how is it going?

So, I could really summarize this last week where being tired is an attitude and can be changed. But... we will get to that. Today we are in a little place called Segovia and for the first time on my mission, besides while exercising, I am not in proselyting clothes. It's like freedom! Weird, but yeah, I don't have my planner so I don't really remember what has happened. Although I did meet perhaps the most perfect, interesting woman in the world.

It was weird, because I have been sick, and on Friday, we finished an appointment at 8 and were going to go in early so I could sleep. We changed our clothes and got a call saying a blessing was needed. There was a Melquisedec priesthood holder there (and yes, that is Spanish because I don't want to attempt it in English.) Anyway, he said he didn't have oil and needed us, so we changed and went to wait for the bus. Since it was a holiday, like every other day here in Spain, the buses weren't running. After 45minutes of waiting we called him and asked what type of blessing was needed. He said comfort and counsel. We said, alright you don't need oil. Then he said he couldn't give it. So we walked the 20 minute walk and I was grumpy, but yeah... We walked in and start getting to know this girl that needed the blessing. Alright... born in Iraq, grew up in Spain, studies in United Kingdom, knows 6 languages, and she is a convert from Muslim.Her parents are like way chill with it. She has probably the most interesting life I know. So I gave this blessing in like Spanish/English and it was pretty legit. But yeah, it was cool.

Conference was great. I won't give my summary, but I liked it. Conference is just the best day. Then we had exchanges on Monday and I was in a piso with 3 other Elders. I don't know how, but we stayed up till 5 talking. We still woke up on time though, don't worry. And last night I thought I would be more tired but then I still stayed up till 1 talking. And today I feel pretty good. Really, it's all attitude, that being tired. I may die soon but I will be happy when I go. Anyway, another day of not having my camera chord so maybe one day I will finally send you more pictures.

Finally, it's looking like I will have a Spanish baptism soon. So I will keep you updated.

Anyway, stay pretty.
Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment