Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Inventions in Time of Need

Calle Fuerteventura 4 2, Oficina 8-B
28703 San Sebastian de los Reyes
Madrid, Spain

I think that is what it is. If it isn't, I can't tell you what it would be. Alright well, good week this last week. I will start with Thursday. I forgot my camera again, so this story won't have a picture, but just imagine. So our power went out at like 12:30. We didn't know why so we called the landlord and junk. Anyway, long story short someone was going to come like 8 hours later to fix whatever the problem was. So for lunch, we didn't have electricity, but we are privileged to have a BBQ in our back patio thing. So, since we didn't want to open the fridge for fear the food would go bad, we just bought like 10 pieces of meat to BBQ. Well, the best part about it was that in the middle of our BBQ, it started to pour rain. So we assembled a device out of a old ironing board, a place where you dry clothes, and the other half of the BBQ so that the rain wouldn't put out the coals. It was the most I have ever had to work to be able to eat.

Saturday night, we were sitting on a bench talking to an investigator, and this old drunk guy came up to us. In order to show our support for Spain and to get youth to talk to us, we were carrying around little Spain flags. He came up and tried to steal it from us but missed the flag because he was so drunk. Then he tried to convince us for 5 minutes to give him our flags because we aren't from Spain and because we are rich and because we don't speak Spanish well. It was quite the experience. The best part about it was about 3 minutes before we had been talking with our investigator how a lot of people in the world are just not good people. Then this happened. Ha, ha.

World Cup. Yeah. Pretty sweet huh? I may be buying a 70 euro jersey today. Sorry mom. It's worth it. Worst proselyting day of my life Sunday, but one of the better days of my life. Ha, ha. It's funny because I have friends in Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and other places where they were thinking had a possibility of winning. But nope. Go Spain.

We finally got a baptismal date with this Romanian woman that we have been teaching since my 2nd day in this area. We had dropped her twice, but then finally, by some freak chain of events, she is going to get baptized. It's super good too because she speaks Romanian and Spanish almost perfectly, and English pretty well. So we are just going to get her called as a ward missionary after and just take her teaching with us every night. The hardest part of this area is the language barrier, so I can't wait to see the success that is lying ahead.

Anyway, good riddance to Carlos Boozer. And Lebron going to Miami. Wow. They might have a good team now. I am pretty excited to go home to a new home. I don't understand why you just don't move. You are practically redoing the whole house. (We are painting and carpeting) And yeah, I think every two weeks or so I hear about someone else getting engaged. I think it's great. My 2nd companion just wrote me today about the struggles of dating and inviting a girl to a church activity, her saying no, then her showing up 5 minutes after him with another guy. If I don't know any girls after, I won't have to put up with that. Ha, ha. Anyway, stay pretty. Watch my bank account after today.

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment