Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Heat is ON!

Alright, well I am glad to hear that Pepper and Penny haven't changed at all. I am also glad to hear that the remodeling is going well especially when I am not there. I told Michael, Elder Karren, to treat you guys like investigators. They really aren't that busy, they just forget. So call them, set the appointment, then the day before call and remind them of the appointment. I hope you can meet with him. He is pretty legit. Anyway, on to my week.

I think I will just go with my happy thoughts again. Last Wednesday, in Sol, downtown Madrid, I bought some nice pants. Aka, super tight skinny pants. Alright Europe style. I will have to send you a picture. I never used to like skinny pants, but that is practically all they have here. And I bought the pair for 10 euros, pretty decent. I am going to wait to buy the Spain jersey until the 28th. The ones that carry the star that is only put if you win a world cup, arrive the 26th, so then on P-day, I will be blowing 70 euros. Sorry, but it's so worth it.

Then we were teaching our baptismal date in the park the other day, and she saw two friends, and told them to come here because they needed to hear the word of God. Then like 10 minutes later someone else came, so what started as a nice little lesson, turned out to be us preaching a sermon to like 4 other people. It was pretty cool. She is way sweet about sharing the gospel with everyone she knows. We also visited this little pueblo, and the pueblo started out as just a church on a hill, then they built a town around it and junk. It was probably the coolest little pueblo. We didn't have our cameras but I will try and take some pictures next time.

After zone conference last week, I set a goal to not drink soda, to run every morning, and to not eat at night. And I was going strong for 7 days, but then yesterday, an investigator just brought us out soda, so I had to drink it. But, it's okay. I didn't even like it. It's amazing the things we do for investigators.

Well other than that, not a whole lot has happened. I am about 99% sure I am going to stay here another transfer or more, so yeah. Oh, and I never want to here about it being hot there again. Last night, it only got down to about 85 degrees. We have one fan and windows for our air conditioning. During the night, I got up, turned on the showered, got wet, including my garments, then got back in bed. It was so hot. I have never been so miserable while sleeping before. Anyway, be grateful for AC. And stay pretty.

P.S. Remember Scott has a new address. It can be found on earlier July posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment