Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Different Mission Now

Alright, so I don't forget, I will answer your questions first.
I hope you gave me enough info about the package, if not I gave the office your email address so they can talk to you if needed. The new companion is sweet. Six feet five inches. We have fun playing basketball here. He also plays ping pong and tennis and can play all sports, so we get along.

Well, ever since we pretty much stopped going by members, now we just mostly eat at home or with 2 or 3 other families. All I eat is Argentine food and Spanish food, and it is amazing. Empenadas are great, and I love paella. I will have to cook for you guys when I get back a little.

New rules? No, president has been busy with the mission switch. Now, I am in a different mission than when I started. Legit huh? Actually there are no noticeable differences except now I can go to either Galicia, super pretty, or the Canary Islands, super awesome. So, the future is bright.

I am not allowed to miss my family. It's pretty much the biggest missionary sin there is. Haha. One of the Elders here decided to not go home a transfer early to study but to stay and do the full 2 years, and his mom was sad. Ha, ha. Then he was thinking about extending, but he said his mom would kill him. I was thinking about that. I would have a transfer more where I could extend. I dunno what I will do. Depends on the job situation I guess. Anyway, there is that. Now what is important, my thoughts on life.

Metro strike. Yeah. When the government slashes wages 5%, the whole metro went on strike Monday, 50%, then Tuesday and Wednesday 100%, then today 50%. Tomorrow is still not decided. Aka, millions of angry people in Madrid pushing and shoving on and off buses. It's pretty legit and makes for millions of awkward situations as missionaries. The best is that we went to the mission home yesterday for a zone activity, and the bus was so packed, that one of our zone leaders looked like he was spooning with some girl. Well, it was pretty common actually, but the difference was that he was with like a 20 year old super cute girl. It's pretty funny. And also, 100 degrees and no breathing room makes for a sweaty miserable bus ride. Oh man, it's been super hot here. Good times. I have about a million funny stories, but I cannot even explain them all. In short, the mission is just awesome in a million different ways.

Apart from that, the work continues. Lots of contacting, lots of rejection, lots of Romanians, lots of heat. I can now have a basic conversation in Romanian. Pretty sweet. Anyway, stay pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment