Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hello All,

A lot more of the same from Spain. Baptizing, ward activities, and references are kind of getting old. NO, I am kidding. I would kill for any of those three things!

Thanksgiving was pretty sweet. We had a pretty awesome weekly planning session then made salchy papas and some sort of stir fry thing. Salchy papas are hot dogs and french fries cooked in oil and put in a bowl or plate with ketchup and mayo over them. That's it. It's pretty fatty and delicious. The stir fry was pretty tasty. Seasonings make anything good. Last we ate some delicious store bought ice cream. When we finally got to proselyting, we got "fallared" for 2 lessons. (fallared is the Spanish/English word for they weren't home) We did teach a really awesome follow the prophet lesson with cups and a pyramid shape. All was well until Godzilla, aka 1 year old boy, decided to take out one of the cups which represented an apostle and the pyramid crumbled down. It was a good demonstration of why there are always twelve apostles. Then he decided to fall on the cups and crush them. So not sure exactly what that is a good representation of. Haha.

Alright, so my funny quote of the week. We were contacting one night and it was pretty cold. This couple was in a hurry but I decided to try anyway. I started and they said we are in a hurry. I said, we just want one second of your time so they stopped and then absolutely nothing came to my mind, no words no anything. After about 3 seconds of silence I just said, "Well, how are you?" With quite a bit of enthusiasm. They laughed at me and walked away. Ha! Then I laughed at myself and my companion couldn't stop laughing at me. It was pretty funny.

Yesterday we had exchanges again, and I stayed in my area with a missionary with 2 weeks in the field. It was pretty awesome. We missed our bus back to Toledo from district meeting by 2 minutes so we waited. Then when the next bus came 30minutes later my companion realized he was out of money because it was the end of the month. All I had was a 50. Bus drivers don't accept 50s. So we missed that bus too. Then we walked for 10 minutes to find somewhere that sold bread and gave a 50 euro for .53 cent bread. Haha - Pretty awesome day. We taught 2 really good lessons though and made this shrimp stir fry thing that was really tasty. So all in all it was a good day.

That is way cool what you are doing with your branch back there in SLC with Thanksgiving. Members in Utah and members in Spain are are quite a bit different. OH man - definitely miss the church functions of Utah a little bit.

AND - wahoo BYU! It seems as though both teams haven't done very well this year, right? Dad kind of fell off the wagon keeping me updated. I did receive the Murray Boys newsletter. It is way fun to read about what is happening everywhere. I am excited for the Christmas packages. We aren't going to receive mail until the 22nd so it won't be a temptation to open them early. No worries.

QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
I am teaching English classes and I need some good ideas for activities or games to make them a bit more fun. Have suggestions? Are you familiar with the deep Spanish jota?
Que pase un buen día. Hasta luego. Stay pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment