Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hello from Toledo

Hey!

Well Happy Thanksgiving. I will be holding a special weekly planning session in honor of Thanksgiving. It's not really special but we will be having a weekly planning session. In case you don't know what this is, we sit down for 3 hours and plan out our entire week. It's pretty awesome and not boring at all. (heh, heh)

Your Branch dinner sounds like it was fun. Was the guy who talked forever from Bolivia? We have one Bolivian investigator who loves talking too. He says "How pretty" about every 10 words too. It's quite entertaining. I am just happy that I can understand him now so I don't mind that he mostly talks. There are a lot of Spaniards that love to talk too. Maybe it's just a Spanish speaking thing. And also, I have this theory... when I was bored with friends we would like put in a movie or go get food or something. All youth do here is sit and talk and talk and talk. They are never doing anything. So, I think they just become accustomed at a young age to talk a lot. But who knows.

Anyway, so Toledo is awesome. Ha! I am pretty sure having had the car was both a curse and a blessing. With the car we taught a lot more and were able to teach some people that now we can't. But the members accustomed themselves to always having us come over whenever they could and not having to do anything. We asked 2 people if they could drive us to another pueblo 10 minutes away after a lesson with them and they said they didn't really have time. I guess cutting the lesson 10 minutes shorter wasn't really an idea of theirs but yup. I think eventually they will want to help out though. The investigators here are awesome. We are finding and teaching a lot of new people. And we have like 5 people that are spiritually ready and want to be baptized but can't because they either aren't married or can't come to church or something. And all the ones that can get baptized don't really want to. It's kind of a battle but it makes the mission fun.

My new companion is awesome. We are like best friends and teach really well together. So don't worry yourselves about that. Also mom you inspired me to start reading Preach my Gospel in Spanish. Actually, I understand almost everything now. I also started Our Legacy, in Spanish, and I can get about 50% of it. It's helping me with my grammar and all so good stuff. I definitely think my English is worse now than before. Wahoo missions!

I have to be going but hey, I want to read the talk you gave in your Spanish branch if that's fine. Maybe I will use it next month for mine! Ha,ha. I told you that we talk every 3rd Sunday in this ward. Yup. And I am definitely opening my package as soon as it gets here. Although we are going to buy a Christmas tree today. Maybe I will wait on like half of it. But sweet, thanks for the update on life and if you have time you should re-read my other email. You didn't answer like any of my questions. Stay Pretty.

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment