Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Force Fed Missionaries?!?

We went to the mission home today and it took 3 hours to get there because we didn't take the car. I am trying to type this as fast as possible to tell you as much as possible. About the car - there is one extra car in the mission so it usually rotates pueblos. But we have it because my companion is an ex-assistant and has his driver's license here. There aren't very many who have one. My companion leaves Nov 17. two weeks menos a day.
The whole missionary son dinner thing you go to sounds cool. Do you each have like ten minutes to talk about your son or is it more just like everyone goes and just talks to different people? The Rubens are the people who were at Lake Powell with us through that storm. You should ask them to see the pictures. They are pretty awesome.
I heard they found the vaccine for swine flu. But nope, we don't get it. And really missionaries have the worst health ever. Most missionaries get sick every 3 weeks. I usually have a sore throat once a week, a headache twice a week, and sore muscles once every 2 weeks. You learn to push through it though.
AND we are fed till we throw up. REALLY! Members don't get it that we only want to eat a little bit of food. I have now thrown up twice after members have fed us. They keep giving you food till it's gone. So if you ever feed missionaries don't force food at them. Give them some to take home if you don't want to have leftovers.
My address is something like Calle Pascuales in Toledo, Spain. I don't have the exact address but can give it to you later so you can find it on Google Earth. It's between a giant library and a giant cathedral if you can see that on Google maps.
I am losing weight. 45 minutes of running every morning! Wahoo! But it was way funny when I broke the chair. And actually I don't know the rule on uploading pictures, I just know we couldn't in the CCM. Maybe it is different out in the field. I will find out.
Missionaries talk in church every 3rd Sunday. It's great because I only have to talk for 5 minutes. It's not bad. And the meetings are awesome. An Argentine teaches priesthood and I can barely understand his accent, so mostly I just kind of space off or read scriptures. Also, there are only ever like 5 people there at the start of the meeting. Everyone comes late. I will have to write more next week. Time FLIES on preparation days. Update me on mission calls. I heard Caleb, Andrew and Ben have theirs? Maybe? Love you. Stay pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Can barely understand an Argentine??? LOL! I love it!

    Paul P.

    ReplyDelete