Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Day in the Life

Hello,

Yup, I did the impossible. I found a source of Mountain Dew. It's found in a store kind of like Walmart here, but more expensive. I was pretty happy. BUT, I am out of money this month so it will have to wait till next month.

Ok, so to answer your questions. Transfers are every 6 weeks. The old president liked to transfer more frequently. The new one likes to let people chill in one area for awhile. So in all likely hood I will be in Toledo for 6 or more months. But I love it here. It's kind of the coveted area, ha ha. But, after we lose our car in 3 weeks, I have no idea how this area is going to teach more than like 10 lessons. Half of our investigators don't live where a bus goes, and most of the people can only do appointments at night. So if we have to take a bus to their pueblo, and the final bus back to Toledo leaves at about 6:45 we are out of luck. So I think we are going to be spending a lot of time contacting in Toledo. But I am excited because our mission president is really trying to push creative finding ideas and I have a bunch. However, I really would love to hear suggestions. So, dígame if you have any.
The weather is really warm right now. We are back in tacky short sleeves for a bit. But it's suppose to get cold real soon. I think I am going to buy my winter stuff in 3 weeks when we go to Madrid so I will let you know to check my balance after that. We do email in a public library without problems. Our shower situation is a bit funny right now. Normally, we have our own shower, but our hot water broke like 7 weeks ago and is in the repair process. So right now we use a hot water heater thing that gives us each about 3-4 minutes of hot water. I will have to send you guys a picture of my shower. When I stand in it I can maybe extend my elbows out like 3 inches. It's pretty awesome.
Yesterday we had exchanges and I slept in a piso with 6 missionaries living in it. It's huge. Their kitchen is as big as our kitchen, bathroom, and study room put together. But ours is old so it's better. Ha!
So day to day life? Wake up at 6:30 and run for 45 minutes, stretch for a little, then eat breakfast and all that. Then we have personal study for an hour, companion study for an hour, and language study for 30 minutes. Language study kind of turns into a do chore and eat a snack time though. Oh, funny story. And yes, it is a fat joke. I broke a chair sitting on it. Ha ha. It was really old and falling apart. I leaned back on it a little and it just snapped. Needless to say the rest of that companionship study was spent laughing and me doing sit ups. Ha ha. So now I sit on a metal stool because I don't want to break another old wooden chair. Then we proselyte till 10, then plan and go to bed at 11. Yeah for awesome routines.
So one last funny thought. We were driving and my companion randomly said what if it like rained chocolate? You could just lick stuff and get chocolate. People would be licking each other. That could get out of hand fast. Ha ha. Stay pretty .

Elder Dunn

P.S. from Scott's mom - Some wonderful person left a darling Christmas stocking, for Scott, on our front porch awhile ago. I have no idea who did and I would love to thank you. I will be filling it and sending it to him next month. He has already started his list!

No comments:

Post a Comment