Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Agency in Action

Oh man, I fiddled around getting pictures on my camera for too long. I am so, so sorry but this is going to have to be incredibly short. That's OK not much happened with conference this last week. In summary, cheap Chinese food in a country where there isn't much of a health code means 2 days of staying in and using the toilet every 30 minutes.

Conference as a missionary is way sick. I will expand more about conference next Sunday, because I still have to review my notes a bit. OK, funny story. Sunday night I called in our numbers and I was depressed. We went from 2 weeks of 20 lessons to a week to 8 lessons. But my companion, Mr. Unbreakable Spirit said, its OK we have a good day tomorrow. And we had 5 set appointments. But Monday came around, 2 weren't there and 2 canceled on us. So we taught one lesson. I was like awesome week, huh Elder? He said, it's OK, we have a good day tomorrow. So Tuesday comes around with 5 lessons set as well. Guess how many we taught? Yeah, one. Great huh? But at this point I am laughing and saying "Wahoo, tracting is way better than teaching!" But, my companion is still Mr. Positive. Anyway, today we had 2 set lessons after preparation day, and about 30 minutes ago one called to cancel. I laughed for 5 minutes and now my companion is down. I said, "Elder, its OK because tomorrow morning we have our weekly planning session and no lessons set in the afternoon, so we can't even have more disappointment." So really, I am just learning of the humor of missionary work. It's great. I really do just love it. Agency in action! Wahoo! OK, yup, love you all. Stay extra pretty.

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment