Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hey,
First of all our number is __________. I think the country code is 0034. But you will have to check it out. I think the best way to call is just with a calling card. I don't know what your plans are but you need to tell me by next Wednesday. My companion is going between 7-8:30 depending. So at 8:30 is my time or before works for me. I think there is an 8 hour time difference so let me know what works best for you. 6-7 or 8:30-9:30 works best for me but I can be flexible. Also, I have 8 minutes so be ready!

Ok, well last week was a little slow. We had residency appointments and we didn't teach a whole lot but we contacted a bunch, in the cold. But, it's okay because some members gave me some gloves which I lacked. And that's the missionary portion of this letter.

The 2nd week I was in Toledo two American students came up and asked us for help getting to their house in the worst American Spanish accents imaginable. We said yes we could help and then asked if they wanted us to speak Spanish or English. We helped them find their house because we had a map and then we explained who we were. They had never seen Mormon missionaries before. About 2 months later we saw them again and said hi and chatted. Then on Saturday I saw one of them again as we were waiting for the bus. I was talking to this sweet family from Peru so I just did the head nod thing at her. Well, she approached us and I was mid sentence talking to this Peruvian lady and the girl decided to hug me. Ha! I looked at my companion and he was trying not to laugh. So I gave her like a little pat on the back and yeah... That was probably the weirdest experience as a missionary so far. It was pretty funny though because my heart kept pounding for like 10 minutes. And then I realized why missionaries are so awkward when they get home. Ha, ha! But yeah, we ended up not getting that Peruvian lady's number because of it and it was just a way weird experience. But yeah... so I got hugged. Good story huh?

Alright, well I am out of time so I will tell you that it snowed here Saturday for 5 hours and it stuck for the day and it is still on some roofs. It reminded me of Utah a bit. This is suppose to be the worst winter in some number of years here in Toledo so I am excited.

Alright stay pretty town!

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment