Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Short and Sweet

Hey,
Thanks for sending my package. I am looking forward to getting it. Ok, I only have like 15 minutes today because I have such a great sister who writes me great emails. They say on your mission you grow closer to your family. I never got how, but today was kind of a moment of realization. So yeah, thanks for the great letters.
As for the work, it's coming great. Last week we had a baptism in the ward, an 8 year old. I won´t count it as a baptism yet but it was still a great experience. I had the opportunity to conduct the baptism. No biggie, I just rocked it. It was a good experience and my language is definitely coming. I can talk pretty decently, I just cannot understand some people. I swear they are not speaking any language, let alone Spanish. I think it's because everyone smokes.
Zone conference was great. Elder Teixeira, or something pronouced Teshera, spoke to us. He is from the Seventy. I talked to his wife after for about 20 minutes. She was way funny plus how often does the opportunity to talk to a general authority´s wife happen? It was cool.
Yesterday was my first exchange. It went really well. We had 7 good solid new contacts and we taught 5 lesson in 4 and a half hours. Then back in my area the work went well too. And I learned a bunch from the district leader, who was my companion. So it was really neat. We have 2 investigators with baptismal dates, and soon we will have 5. So far missionary work hasn't been too hard. (Haha) Missionary work is mostly about your attitude I have decided. So yeah, it's good here. Loving it.

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment