Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7, 2009

Here is Scott's latest email. He is asking that you write to him through dearelder.com so that he can read your letter before his computer time starts. I only think that will work through this Friday though as he leaves on Tuesday for Spain.

Dear family and friends,
So I am pretty much adjusted. Believe it or not, I can fall asleep by 10 45 every night if I want. I never thought I would see the day! We plan our day in 15minute intervals and it is actually really nice. I stay nice and busy. So I finished the book of Mormon yesterday. Twelve days and 531 pages later, I feel great. You learn a lot by reading it quickly and when teaching I can pretty much turn to any story by memory depending on the question of the investigator. It is really nice. Besides that, I am really working on learning how to just talk to people in Spanish and how to make my prayers more meaningful. I still don't understand everything I say in my prayers since I have only memorized phrases.
My district is awesome. Everyone gets along and we all have a role we play. I couldn't have asked for a better district. I don't really want to leave next week, but I am. 5 AM on Tuesday morning, so if you don't get your letter in the mail to me by Friday, send it to my Spain address.
I got to walk with Richard to the temple on Sunday. It was really nice to be able to talk to someone from home for a bit. He told me his first companion went home as well. But it just made me realize how lucky we are to be here and how hard this really is. It really is humbling to be here. I thought I knew how to teach, but everyone teaching appointment I learn so much. And learning a new language in 9 weeks is another challenge by itself. But It's fun. I love it here.
We got to watch the fireworks on the 4th at the Stadium of Fire. That was nice because we also got to stay out till like 11! Quite the little party we had. But it also made me miss my friends and being home a lot because sitting in class for 12 hours on a national holiday is not good. Well write me! Love you all!

Sincerely,

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment