Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Arrival in Spain!

Scott was able to call me from the airport on Tuesday. We had a great conversation. He said he has loved the MTC where the spirit is so strong. He is still very much Scott with his sense of humor well intact. I think you will see some of that in his first e-mail from Spain.

Hey everyone,

I am now in Spain. I went to bed at 11 on the 12th, got up at 4 on the 13th, and it´s now the 15th of July at 4:30 and I am still running on five hours of sleep. We don´t get to go to bed till 7 tonight so we are all dead. They have us stand up in class when we start getting tired. It´s pretty funny.

Madrid is awesome. They have ping pong tables just in local parks. I am so excited to play. The MTC is great here, the showers are bigger, bathrooms cleaner, rooms bigger, better and more comfy, but the building is a lot smaller. In the MTC there are 27 total missionaries. And 2 of them leave this week.

Ok, so my plane ride to Atlanta was delayed for 3 and a half hours. But they gave us a meal voucher and we got free Californian Pizza, which was quite tasty. Then I sat by the window, so I got to see all of the USA. It´s pretty boring, and weird. It looks like a messed up puzzle with a bunch of perfectly round circles throughout it. Oh, in SLC we met the guy who is the coach of the Highland Rugby Team, the team they made that movie Forever Strong about. He talked to us for about 30minutes. He is a really cool guy. We also handed out a passalong card and committed someone to read from the Book of Mormon. Then we flew to Atlanta, and we met some lady in the airport. She was a professor of anthropology at the University of Connecticut and she talked to us for almost 45minutes and gave us her business card to email her. She is really interested in the church on a factual basis, but she was the nicest little old lady ever. The plane ride to Madrid was long. 8 hours, plus the 4 hours from SLC to Atlanta. 12 hours on a plane. Killer. But the airline food was pretty good, and one of the flight stewards was really cool. He was cracking jokes the whole time and he hooked us up with drinks whenever we wanted them. Good news is, I got to listen to music. It was quite divine. On the way to Madrid we sat by this girl from Madrid who went to Idaho as a foriegn exchange student. She helped us with our Spanish and filling out the paperwork that we needed. And I am confident she is attractive to non-missionaries. She is also commited to read the Book of Mormon.

So two things about Madrid, everyone smokes and it´s weird to see things not have graffiti on them. It is seriously everywhere. My teacher here is a native and speaks 90% Spanish too us. I actually understand most of it when she slows down, but I think it is going to really help me. My new companion went to East High, so we are pretty familiar with each other. He was on the tennis team, so we are wondering if we ever played each other. New preparation day is Thursday, so I will email you next Thursday. Write me or email me!

Love,
Elder Dunn

Elder Ronald Scott Dunn
Centro de CapacitaciĆ³n Misional
c/ del Temple, 2, 4 planta
28030 Madrid
EspaƱa

No comments:

Post a Comment