Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hoping For A Transfer

Did you put a door from the dining room to your room? Or do I just not remember the house at all? Sounds like the house work is coming along really well. I am real glad I won't be there for any of it.

Well I actually have no idea why I am getting a license. I am kind of scared because only 2 others are getting it, and the APs are required to have them. Luckily I am pretty sure my sarcastic nature will never allow me to be a leader. There is an area in the mission that is huge that has no Elders in it because the ward leaders don't give support. But supposedly, if there is someone that wants to learn more, or if there is a good reference, we are still suppose to send elders. So I might be that guy, who just drives and teaches. That would be sweet I would just gain like 50 lbs I am sure.

I am definitely hoping I go at the end of this transfer, which is like the 6th or 7th of September. When half the city is on vacation, and there are only like 50,000 people max in our city, and we only ever do contacts in half the city, it just feels like we talk to the same people every day. The good part about it is we know a ton of people and have a lot of friends. We also waste of lot of time because the majority of these people want nothing to do with the gospel but love talking to us. We have to say, "We are in a hurry, gotta go" like 5 times, then eventually just walk away because they won't stop talking sometimes. It's pretty funny. But yeah, I hope I go.

Yeah, I love my companion right now. We get along great. He has tough skin so we just make fun of each other all day and it's great. Plus, he likes basketball, so we get along great. We talked to some kids just carrying around a basketball one day, and told them to call us if they ever needed more people to play. We ended up playing with them one night, and they were terrible at basketball, but they are both super intrigued by what we do so we are going to teach them tomorrow. A 20 year old and a 15 year old, aka two more people that could serve a mission. And I think I am learning to study... what I like to study. In my free time, I usually just read something. The beautiful part of Mormonism is there is always something new to read. Go modern revelation. So there is always something new to learn.

Well, exciting news from this week, not a whole lot. Lots of contacting, actually I am convinced that we contact more than any other mission in the world. I would say we attempt to talk to 300-400 people a week. And we only successfully contact about 130 of those. Lots of rejection. Bring it on ladies. No I am joking. And FYI, you might just hate me mom. After being on a mission, and talking with other elders, talking with people about always progressing, having eternal families, and other junk, the whole marriage idea is pretty intriguing. Having kids is a different story, but I can see myself getting married fast now. Ha, ha. Anyway, on that note, stay pretty!

P.S. This is only the second area Scott has been in for his whole mission.

PP.S. From the MOM - I told Scott he couldn't get married until they had health insurance! A job with and income would also be a great benefit I think, but then I am just the momster!

No comments:

Post a Comment