Sunday, January 10, 2010

At Last Life Goes Back to Normal

Hola,

I would first like to apologize for not telling you in advanced when I was going to be writing you. Our P day is today, Thursday, because yesterday was the biggest holiday in Spain, Dia de Los Reyers, or Kings' day. Had I heard of it before coming here? No, but really it's sweet. Spain has done something right! Here, on Christmas, they never gave gifts until about 20 years ago. Instead, you worshipped and spent time with family. Then the Kings, or Wise men, brought the gifts in January. It is pretty awesome, makes more sense, and keeps the real spirit of Christmas around a little more. But yeah, contacting yesterday was awesome needless to say. I am so excited for the holidays to be over, and this is probably the only time in my life when I will say that. But now we can actually have normal weeks again! Oh, but really quick, Spain has a way sweet tradition here of eating grapes on New Year's. I didn't know this but at 12 midnight everyone has 12 grapes and every 2 seconds you have to eat one. It's way fun. We went to bed at 11 and woke up at 11:50, in order to be obedient, to go downstairs to the members piso to eat the grapes. It's way fun to do with a lot of people because if someone laughs, everyone laughs and usually there is one person who chokes on the grapes. It's a good time. I am definitely bring back this tradition.

And glasses, I am going to check out today. I think I can get them for like 50 euros, or like 75 dollars. That good enough? But today I am going to take some sick pictures. We are going to the museum of torture, 2 other museums, and maybe the cathedral, well inside it. We'll see.

And we finally set baptismal dates with 2 of our investigators that we have been teaching since September 4. My birthday is the date, and really it is going to happen... Maybe... Keep your fingers crossed! Anyway not much else to report on.

Stay pretty M town.
And Kacey. Ha ha. I do appreciate loyal bloggers! (I told him about Kacey's comment where she said she could help him get rid of his lisp the people in Spain have in their speech. She is graduating as a speech pathologist.)

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment