Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sweet 20 and just got "Beso-ed"

My whole letter is going to come from what happened to me Saturday. So, we had our two baptisms planned at 5 and 6:30, weird yeah, so in the morning we were just contacting, making the baptismal program, and filling up the font and junk. We were talking to this large Spanish family for like 10 minutes, and all of a sudden someone like shoved me. I was standing near a crosswalk so I figured someone just brushed by me on accident. I turn around and see this old guy, with a cane, laughing and mumbling to himself still with the hand used to push me in the air. So, then the Spanish family and my companion burst out laughing and it took me a second to realize what happened. Then we all laughed. But be careful of those old Spaniards, they are still kind of strong.

Then, my companion started talking to some other person, and I didn't realize so I kept walking and talked to some older Spanish lady, and we told her that we were going to have a baptismal service later that day and that she was invited. Well I really didn't think twice about it but, she showed up. We will address that later. So, we went to the capilla to finish filling up the font, and my companion decided, hey, lets go contact while we leave it filling up, I was like no dude, not a good idea, we are going to forget. He assured me we wouldn't forget. I told him if we did it was all his fault. Well after 3 really super good long contacts, we realized we needed to go home and make the cookies and brownies. So we went home, and started making the cookies and brownies. After about an hour, my companion screamed, "We forgot the water in the church!"
So we went running to the church with the cookies and junk as fast as we could, only to find that someone got there like an hour early and had turned off the water and cleaned up the little that spilled. So, then we were like, phew, only to realize that we didn't turn off the oven. So, like 10 minutes before the baptism was about to start, we ran back and turned off the oven, then ran back to the church to try and get there on time. We were only 15 minutes late so it was okay. The baptism went fine, and I went to say goodbye to this sweet old Spanish lady who came, and she just kind of went for the beso, or cheek kiss. So, after almost 15 months of being clean, I got my first beso, and liked it. No, but it was a funny story. Even funnier is if one companion gets kissed, the other one has to as well so as my companion was laughing at me, I just turned and gave him the, "Your turn buddy" look. It was pretty funny.

Stay Pretty
E.D.

2 comments:

  1. oh Scotty...he couldn't escape the besos. So close buddy!!

    ReplyDelete